Friday, August 8, 2008

new blog, new thought.

Well, here I am, opening up a new blog. I like Blogs. They kind of get out my thoughts.
Although, I do have a gazillion journals to write in. I sometimes find that its easier to type out my thoughts than it is to write them or say them. So Im starting another place to do just that.
I will most likely be posting a million song lyrics that will never be given music, random thoughts with generic he's and she's, angsty poetry that occasionally (though i hate to admit it) comes spewing forth ha, and ones like this: just thoughts.

So Ive been thinking a lot about relationships...shocker huh? and my friend told me this: it takes three parts to comprise a Christian, healthy relationship. 1. attraction. 2. the same direction or purpose in life. and 3. having Christ be the leader.

1. attraction. duh. God gave us eyes to see. He knows that we are going to find people physically attractive. And why shouldnt we? God created stunning people!
2. the same direction or purpose in life. I think this is super important. and when I said that I wanted to adopt Joy and Kweoya from Korogwe, Tanzania, my friend said, well, your husband will have the same purpose. He will want to do the same. My husband will want to travel the world and minister globally. wow. what an exciting idea.
3. having Christ as a leader. I think this goes for both in separate lives, and in a life together. I think that first you have to have Christ be your personal leader before getting into a relationship. Then once you have that in your personal life, you can begin a life with another person and it will be that much better because you both have striven to only follow Christ. so your relationship will be driven by Christ. and what is better than that?! :]

i am beginning to love this idea and its beginning to provide me with a lot of understanding. A LOT of understanding. im so thankful that God showed me this recently. i love it. i love Him. life is much better.

No comments: