Tuesday, August 26, 2008

i need new friends.

lately, i've been feeling like i have no friends. wow. you might say, miss mosher, you are surrounded by friends! how can you say such a thing? well, people of the internet, i feel like i dont have that close group of people that know me well. i dont feel like i can call up that group and go out and do anything. i have a few close ones that text me to see how im doing with ed and everything, but no one that just calls me up to chat and see my face for absolutely no reason at all. i miss that. in high school, i always had that. i could walk around campus at lunch and fill up all my time during lunch simply saying hello to people and seeing what they were up to. now, i feel lonely and like everyone has moved on in their lives while i sit here and wait.
it reminds me of the pyramid we learned in psych. the hierarchy of needs. there was one that mentioned the need to be associated with a group. i find myself believing this to be more and more true. i need to be in a group that knows me and wants to be around me. mostly, i dont feel like i have a best friend and it bothers me. i dont have that one person that knows when im having a hard time when i havent said anything. maybe im just ranting and complaining and i need to just get over it while i wait for college to start, but it feels like something is missing and this is all i can think of.
maybe i should just be satisfied in the fact that i have Jesus. He satisfies all of my hierarchies of needs. He will always be there, He knows my struggles, He wants to hang out with me, He calls up just to chat, and He shares all of my interests. yeah, maybe i just need to remember that amazing fact.

No comments: