Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Love.

Love, you'll never fail me now.

I have been thinking and listening a lot lately.

[its unfortunate that i have been because, you see, i have a paper due soon...but i need to write this out...because im a writer, and this is what i do.]
i want to dedicate my life to love. i want to dedicate my life to loving the loveless because i believe they deserve it.
oh sure, we're sinners and undeserving of grace and what not. i know that. i know that we're horrible creatures motivated by selfishness. but how can we sit on that fact when the most important detail is the very fact that we were given grace? despite our disgusting nature to look inward, we were forgiven. therefore, we deserve love. we, the forgiven, are deserving of love.

my friend wrote about loving and i firmly agree with her. i want to love and be loved and nothing else.
freely running towards the prize.
because i can
because i am able
because it is important.
and this is what life is about.

i dont care if it hurts too badly. for inside the hurt i find sparks of motivation and inspiration. out of the darkness comes a light that changes everything.

1 comment:

Little Kerty's Long Day said...

This is was cooler to write about than an essay! :)

I love what you said about grace; how we are motivated by selfish desires, but that can't stop us...because we are given grace.

I love you, girl.