Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Your Tears Say You're Alive

Tonight, I found myself in a strange but safe place.
I felt dirty. Spiritually dirty. Unworthy to sit in my Father's lap.
I don't know if you've ever felt this way, but I feel it a lot...especially recently.
My heart's desire is to be pure and righteous. I want to have my heart in the right place all of the time.
I want to be constantly seeking Him in everything that I do.
I haven't had this desire before. I wanted to be the Christian...to do the right thing. but now...
Im honestly desiring His heart.
And with that: I find a song.

With a song of triumph, You came to this world
Crying "Freedom, freedom, I bring freedom to you."
And here I see my life and feel unworthy to know You.
You call me love, Your child

"Lift your eyes up to Me.
I have cleansed you
you are free.
And as I send you into the world,
I give you the desire to show the light
I have placed within you."
And I give my life to You.

With a song of triumph, You'll come back to this world
Crying "Freedom, freedom, I brought freedom to you."
And here I am, I wait only for You.
You call me love, Your child

"Lift your eyes up to Me.
I have cleansed you.
You are free.
And as I send you into the world,
I give you the desire to show the light
I have placed within you."
And I give my life to You.

Create in me a clean heart.
I cry for righteousness, righteousness
In Your name.
Create in me a clean heart.
I cry for righteousness, righteousness
In Your name.

Seriously, I have never felt this way before. I want to be clean. I want to be blameless. And He creates me that way. He gives me a pure heart, a pure mind, a pure life. God, take my desires and make them Yours. Take my music, my heart, my goals...and make them Yours. Only Yours.

1 comment:

sarah said...

"Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God!" He has washed you white as snow my friend. I love hearing your soul singing out loud!!