Sunday, July 12, 2009

A fresh set of tears.

Have you ever just felt broken?
Have you ever found yourself sitting and just wanting to cry?
Have you ever wanted to weep and crack in two?
Have you ever felt trapped and abused?

I believe this calls for a fresh set of tears.

I can't help but picture myself imprisoned in this hollow trap of depression and darkness.
I don't say this to gain sympathy or attention; it is merely a fact. I feel like the victim. I don't control this, I promise you that. I would much rather be running around, creating havoc upon the town tonight instead of sitting at home crying because I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. I would much rather be outside falling in love, watching a star, crying "celebration", or singing a lullaby than lay on the floor wondering how in the world I am going to face sixteen kids tomorrow pleading for my attention and happiness.

Just let it go...
But it isn't mine to let go.
It isn't my decision.
I have let it go--it grabs me, thrashes at me, claws at my very existence.

And what do I have but faith?
I have nothing but faith that it will pass.
It is the time that I have to endure it that hurts me the most.
You see, I know it will pass, but until then, I have to sit through it.

...and its the sitting that gets me

I was born to run.

No comments: